Fly of the Month - November, 2018
The Tiger Tail is a fly that comes from Lake Taneycomo, but can be effective on other waters. River Run Outfitters on Lake Taneycomo has made this fly popular.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||TMC 5263 or equivalent Sz 10-12
|Weight:||Sized to hook.
|Hackle:||Olive Woolly Bugger.
|Tail:||Dry Fly Hackle, Olive Grizzly.
- Apply lead wire to hook.
- Use 12-15 wraps of .015 on a size 12 hook.
- Attach thread and secure lead in place.
- Wrap thread back to area even with point of hook and attach the tail.
- Attach hackle and then 3-4 strands of peacock herl. Return the thread to one eye length behind the hook eye.
- Lightly wrap herl around thread (to help make it stronger) and wrap forward forming body of fly. Secure behind eye of hook.
- Palmer the hackle forward. Secure behind eye.
- Apply head cement.
Flies and/or materials available at T. Hargrove Fly Fishing, Inc.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved