?Devin Olsen?s Blow Torch is a super tasty little fly in the oh-so-popular Euro nymph/competition genre."..Tim Flagler
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||60 gehree jih hook, size 14.
|Thread:||Fluorescent fire organge.
|Tail:||Antron yarn fire orange.
|Weight:||7/64 Gold Tungsten bead and wraps of .015 lead wire.
|Ribbing:||Green Sulky Holoshimme or Olive Krystal Flash.
|Hackle:||Brown or black hen hackle or some sort of web hackle.
- Place bead on hook and make several wraps of the lead wire behind the bead..
- Attach thread behind the lead wire and continue to hook bend
- Starting behind the bead tie on a piece of the fire orange angton yarn for a tail. Return the thread toa point behind the bead.
- Starting behind the wire tie in a piece of the ribbing material.
- >Select3-5 strands of peacock herl and clip off the tips. Tie in the tips behind the bead and wind over the peacock herl to the bend.
- Wrap the peacock herl forward and tie it off behind the bead.
- Wrap the ribbing materials forward and tie it ofdf behind the bead.
- Prepare the hackle and tie it to the shank behind the bead by the tip.
- Wrap the hackle around the shank to form a soft hackle type fly. Tie off and clip the hackle.
- Clip the antron yarn tail so that it extends to the end of the hook.
- Form a nice fire orange wrap behind the head , whip-finish and apply head cement.
Flies or materials are available at T. Hargrove Fly Fishing, Inc.
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
© 2015 All rights reserved