A great pattern to imitate the Baetis hatch.
Click Fly to Enlarge
||Dai Riki #060 size 18-22
|Thread:||Olive or Dun 12/0
|Tail:||6-10 Fibers of Lemon Wood Duck Flank
|Body:||One Olive Goose Biot
|Wing Case:||One Olive Goose Biot
|Emerger Variation:||Black Razor Foam
|Legs:||Dun hackle fibers or pulled thorax dubbing
Fish the Blue Wing Olive under an imdicator.
Video is on the way
- Secure hook in vise and start thread one eye length behind the eye.
- Wrap thread to end of hook shank to point even with the barb.
- Tie in tail one to one-and-a-half the length of the hook shank and trim.
- Tie in goose biot by the tip across the hook shank so it curves the way it will be wrapped on.
- Move thread half-way up the hook shank where the body will end.
- Put a very small drop of head cement on the underbody.
- Wrap goose biot evenly up to the thread and tie off. Trim excess.
- Tie in other goose biot by the base sticking up and out to the rear that will form the wing case.
- Dub a loose spiky thorax.
- Pull biot over to form the wing case and tie off behind eye. Trim excess and whip finish.
- Pick out thorax and trim off the bottom a bit.
Flies or materials are available at T. Hargrove Fly Fishing, Inc.
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
© 2015 All rights reserved