Dorsey Flashback Black Beauty Midge
This midge pattern was developed by Pat Dorsey.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Scud hook or 2488 size 16 - 20|
|Thread:||Black 10/0 or 12/0|
|Bead:||Black or Natural Tungsten sized accordingly|
|Body:||Black Tying Thread|
|Rib:||Copper wire sized accordingly|
- Bend down the barb and slide on the bead.
- Mount the hook in the vise and start the thread behind the bead.
- Lay a base of thread down the hook shank. Spiral wrap the thread back to the bead.
- Attach the copper wire to the shank extending to the bend. Spiral wrap the thread back to the bead.
- Attach the Pearl Mylar to the shank extending to the bend.
- Form a slightly tapered body to behind the bead.
- Pull the Pearl Mylar over the top of the shank and tie off behind the bead.
- Spiral wrap the copper wire forward and tie off behind the bead.
- Form a small thorax behind the bead using the black dubbing.
- Tie off, whip-finish and apply head cement, if desired.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
email Tom at Tom@thargrove.com
Phone - 314.968.4223
email Craig at Craig@thargrove.com
© 2015 All rights reserved