The Ginny Midge is an excellent midge pattern, especially in smaller sizes, for those finicky fish.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Dai-Riki 125, Sizes 18-24.
|Bead:||Glass - Silver Gray or Clear.
Fish the Ginny Midge any where in the water column under a small indicator or as the bottom fly of a two fly rig.
- Place the bead on the hook and mount it in the vise.
- Start the thread behind the bead. Tie on the pearl mylar behind the bead.
- Wind the pearl mylar down the shank and back to the starting point behind the bead. Tie off the mylar behind the bead.
- Twist the pearl mylar and fold it back to form a wing over the shank. Tie it off and clip the mylar.
- Clip the thread and apply a dab of head cement.
Flies or materials are available at T. Hargrove Fly Fishing, Inc.
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
© 2015 All rights reserved