JUST LIKE its NAME SAKE - IT HAS A POWERFUL STING!
Just like its name sake this midge pattern has a great sting. That is, in its ability to attract trout. The pattern is presented by Davy Wotton and is very successful on the White river system. It also fishes well in Missouri streams.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||TMC 2487, Sizes 14-22.|
|Bead:||Silver Tungsten to fit hook size.|
|Ribbing:||Fine wire Sliver or Gold.|
|Thorax:||Wapsi Slf Prism, Peacock.|
- Lay down a thread base just passed the curve of the hook.
- Tie in a short marabou tail the length of the hook.
- Tie in the ribbing and the spanflex.
- Wrap thread forward to the 2/3 point of the hook.
- Wrap a body of spanflex to that point and tie off.
- Counter wrap ribbing about 5 turns and tie off securely.
- Dub in a thorax of Prism, whip finish and cement head.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved