Year-end and year-out the John Deere is listed as one of the top five flies for fishing Bennett Springs. It is also effective in the streams and other parks in Missouri.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Jig Hook with the head painted green and yellow eyes.|
- paint the jig head with green paint. Give it a coat of hard as Hull or some epoxy
- After the jig head dries, give it two yellow eyes. The eyes should be large.
- Mount the jig in the vise and start the olive thread behind the jig head. Lay a base of thread down the shank and back to a point behind the eye.
- Cut a section of olive marabou and clean the fluff out of the base. Tie the marabou in behind the eye and wind the thread over the marabou to the end of the fly. Return the thread to a point behind the eye.
- Tie in the chenille behind the eye and wrap the thread over it to he end of the fly. Return the thread to a point behind the eye.
- Wrap the chenille forward and tie off behind the eye.
- half-hitch and clip off the chenille and thread.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved