The Leech pattern is one of Tommy's favorite patterns. Check out the Blonde Leech material that is dyed by Tommy for his Blonde Leech. An orange or fluorescent red bead can be added.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||#X Long, size 8-12.|
|Thread:||6/0 Color to match body.|
|Tail:||Marabou to match body.|
- Mount the hook and wind the lead wire around the hook. The lead wire should leave one and one-half eye length behind the eye and end should end on the shank above the point.
- Select an appropriate color of maribou and tie it on the end of the hook shank behind the lead wire. Pinch the maribou to the length of the shank.
- Bring the thread forward to behind the eye. Tie on a length of mahair ending at the rear of the hook.
- Wind the thread forward.
- Wrap the mohair forward to behind the eye sweeping back the loose fibersas you wrap.
- Tie off and trim the mohair.
- Form a head, tie off and cement.
- With the blade of your scissors (blunt side) pull out mohair fibers to give the leech a fuzzy look.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved