Mike's Trout Molester
Mike Swederska, Ozark Fly Fishers, Inc., has made this pattern popular. Although a hard core dry fly fisherman, when the going gets tough Mike gets tough and ties on his Molester. Great pattern to fish under an indicator, swing and strip or simple strip.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Dai-Riki 710 Size 12||Thread:||Black 8/0|
|Weight:||Tungsten ro Brass bead - 1/8.|
|Body:||Emerald Green Flat Tinsel.|
|Hackle:||Brown Furnace Hackle.|
- debarb the hookand place the bead onto the hook with the small hole towards the eye
- Mount the hook in the vise and start the thread behind the eye laying a base down the hook shank.
- Select the marabou tail and tie in onto the shank starting behind the bead to achieve a level body.
- Select a brown furnace hackle and strip the stem of bsrbs. Mount the hackle to the shank immediately ahead of the marabou
- Select a strip of Emeral Green Tinsel and mount it to the hook immediately in front of the marabou.
- Return the thread to a point behind the eye.
- Wind the tinsel down the body and tie off behind the eye.
- Palmer the hackle down the body and tie off behind the eye.
- Whip-finish and head cement.
- Pull the marabou tail over the body and pinch it off slightly longer than the body,
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved