Pee Wee Midge
The Pee Wee Midge is a good imitation of a midge having problems hatching. It can be fished in the surface film or as a dropper in a two fly nymph rig.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Scud hook size 18-20.|
|Thread:||Black 8/0 or smaller.|
|Thorax:||Black Super Fine Dubbing.|
|Bead:||5/64 Black tungsten (optional).|
|Wing:||Close cell packing foam or antron.|
- Slide the bead onto the hook through the small eye port (optional). Mount the hook in the vise and start the thread behind the eye or bead.
- As the thread is wrapped down the shank, secure the olive thread at the same time. This will keep the profile slim.
- With the tying thread, form a slim body that has a slight taper.
- Bring the olive thread forward (5 wraps) to form a ribbing and tie it off behind the eye or bead. Clip the thread.
- Tie on the wing material so that the wing forms a "U" over the body.
- Form a thorax with the Super Fine Dubbing.
- Tie off and whip-finish. Clip the thread. Apply head cement.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved