Great version of the San Juan Worm that is easy to tie and great to fish. Tie it in any color that the San Juan Worm would be tied.
Click Fly to Enlarge
||Dai-Riki 135 size 20 (Small Rubber Legs) size 18 (Medium Rubber Legs).
|Thread:||Color to match the Worm Body.
|Body:||Red, Pink, Brown and Purple
Fish the San Juan Jr under an indicator near he bottom.
- Debarb the hook, place it in the vise and lay a base of thread to the end of the shank.
- Cut a 5-7" piece of rubber legs material.
- Fold the rubber leg material in two parts. Tie in the loop end of the rubber legs material over the front of the hook. There should be about 1/4-1/2" of the loop in front of the eye.
- Pull rear rubber leg material taunt and tie it down the shank to the bend.
- There should be two pieces of rubber leg material hanging at the bend of the hook. Closely wrap one of the rubber legs materials to behind the eye. Tie off and cut this piece flush to the fly.
- Cut one end of the loop in front of the eye at the eye. This should create a piece of the rubber legs material in front of the eye.
- Wrap a pronounced head behind the eye. Whip-finish and cut the thread. Apply a coat of Hard as Nails or other cement to the head.
- Good colors are red, pink, brown and purple. Again use small rubber legs on a size 20 hook and a medium rubber leg on a size 18 hook.
Flies or materials are available at T. Hargrove Fly Fishing, Inc.
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
© 2015 All rights reserved