The Bug looks a little like a Woolly Bugger and is east to tie. It can be tied in various colors and color combinations. The fly is especially suited to small sizes.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Nymph hook 1XL, Size 18 - 24.|
|Thread:||12/0 to match body.|
- Mount the hook in the vise. Start the thread behind the eye using a jamb knot. Lay a base of thread from behind the eye down to the bend of the hook.
- Tie in the marabou for the tail and wrap the thread forward over the marabou to a point behind the eye.
- Tie on one or two strands of ostrich herl and wrap the thread to the bend over the herl. Bring the thread forward to behind the eye.
- Wind the ostrich herl forward over the shank to a point behind the eye. Tie off the ostrich herl and clip.
- Form a small head with the thread. Whip-finish and cement head, if desired.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved