Wooten's Black Buzzer
This midge pattern is used for lake fishing, but works well in rivers and streams.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||TMC 2499 SPBL, Size 14-22.|
|Thread:||UTC 70 Black.|
|Body:||Silver holographic tinsel.|
|Bead:||Silver Tungsten sized to hook or oversize one size.|
|Ribbing:||Black Spandex or Uni-Flexx.|
|Wing Case:||Black Scud Back or Thin Skin.|
|Thorax:||SLF Dubbing Black.|
- Start the thread 1/4 of the way down the hook. Lay a base down the bend of the hook.
- Tie in a length of silver holographic tinsel forward to the starting point of the thread.
- Tie in a length of black uni-flexx down the bend of the hook.
- Place a small drop of head cement on the thread and wind the silver holographic tinsel forward to the starting point of the thread. Tie off and clip.
- Wrap the uni-flexx forward to form a rib over the silver holographic tinsel. Tie off at the starting point of the thread and ckip.
- Tie a strip of scud back over the thorax area back to the body of the midge. Let the end of the strip hang to the rear. Clip off the scud back that falls over the eye of the hook.
- Dub a nice thorax using the black SLF dubbing.
- Pull the scud back over the thorax and tie it off. Clip the scud back.
- Form a nice head, whip-finish and cement.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved